Tuesday, July 14, 2015

What The F.....

I just sat through a lecture from a well meaning friend about how I need to take care of myself.  She began by telling me the glorious benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle.  How eating too much meat was probably one of the causes of my stroke.  Also, that wine I drink, killing me according to her. 
I sat politely and listened to the diatribe, then I had enough. 
"Listen, for your information, I started.  My cholesterol is  very low, my sugar level runs in the 90s, ( I keep monitored after the stroke), my blood pressure runs about 130 over 40. ( even in the hospital DURING the event my blood pressure was 124 over 40.  That glass of wine I drink every night, the my cardiologist says it contributes to my heart health.  I do not have ANY HEART ISSUES, no clogging, no artety issues NOTHING.  I lift weights a couple time a week, I do a timed 3 mile walk
4 times a week. "  I had a cryptogenic stroke, no known cause.  I continue habing myriads of tests trying to find a cause.    The only thing bad for my health is sitting here listening to you.  So I got up and left. 
I know people mean well, but most should just shut up and give a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment